Thursday, May 15, 2008

the first pictures from Italy!

You should be able to click and make the pictures bigger...



Out my bedroom window.






Looking down out my bedroom window.




To the left out my bedroom window.





Our semi-private door - it is shared by two apartments. The other one is empty right now. Our door is white, on the left (not the one straight ahead).




If you turn around from that brown door, this is your view. These are the last few of those 96 steps. The window on the left is where we get our great Duomo views.




View out the hall window.




View out the hall window.





View out the hall window.




View out the hall window.




Looking down from the hall window. I love the laundry hanging...




Looking down from the hall window




To the right out the hall window.





Our little doorbell outside our shared brown door.




This is our apartment's nameplate - apparently we are in the Broom apartment (the other one is the Lavender apartment).




Looking down out my bedroom window, there was an open window to a very messy room.




Our little kitchenette.




Some of the foods provided to us.





A little set of shelves in my room.






A typical light switch in our apartment.




No explanation needed.




Our apartment has very high ceilings.




There was even a first aid kit for us.






The shower.




The cool towel rack.




I am very grateful to be an American. Look at this great invention I got in America to make my life in Italy easier. It's nice when you have 96 steps to climb up and down to do laundry.






I had a hand sanitizer explosion problem - luckily the damage was contained in a plastic bag.




Out of one of our windows, we look directly into the open window of another building's bathroom.




This is my bedroom door. Yes. It's a rolling window shade.




We went out to find food and took some pics on the way.











There are statues of naked men everywhere and it's hilarious.





Our first meal in Italy: bruschette

Antipasto - tomato & mozzarella salad





Lasagna.





The menu of the restaurant...




The Duomo at night. Out our hall window.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey sweetie,

Missed your call...sorry, we've all been sick and Chris had a relapse. Great pics!!! Yup, bread for breakfast! In Belgium they eat Nutella on a piece of bread for b'fast or just a croisant. I remember when I offered a croisant to an exchange student filled with chix salad and it grosed him out. Eggs and bacons, etc would be considered a meal (like lunch or dinner).
I wonder what was in the baggies of that man in customs....And anything else happen with the "friendly Italian"? Ever find out what exactly he wanted???

Glad to know the trip was uneventful. A month seems like a long time, but it will go super fast, trust me! And, yes, keep your hand on your wallet at all times!!! Italy is known for its thievery and they are incredibly cunning! Every bump,Ciao, "friend" etc is to be suspect, trust me!

Looking forward to hearing more about your adventures...
Love you!
Mary

merlinus said...

Well, i definitely don't do EU breakfast, 96 steps or crotch sniffing dogs.. only an idiot would try to sneek his stash in his shorts. I wonder if they sell pepper-spray to ward off over friendly airport dudes. The restaurant seems touristy but promising! i think i'll try to talk the neighbor inot building a duomo, that would be cool to look out the window and see a duomo.
nice blog.
love, dad

Anonymous said...

Wow awesome pictures! Italy is beautiful. I love your apartment too, some of it looks exactly like Wales, brought back good memories.
I forgot about your blog till now, I should be stopping by more to take a look. By the way I'm pretty darn sad you aren't going to New Attitude, you will be missed! Love you,
maria