I am about to go to bed but I wanted to let everyone know that we had our first dinner in our apartment, and I cooked it. :) So proud of myself.
Ok so it was all prepared but I did have to heat it and put it all together...and we haven't found good bread here yet (they don't salt their bread or butter so it's kindof...not good)...and we didn't have any vegetables because we haven't gone fruit market shopping...so well it was just fresh ravioli filled with ricotta and spinach (made locally and then refrigerated) and sauce from a jar. But the sauce from the jar is way better than the sauce from jars in the USA. The sauce was fabulous - Barilla brand (the Italians buy that brand just like we do for pasta, but I don't remember seeing the jars of sauce in the store - the jars are about half the size of our jars). And the ravioli was very very tasty too - I love fresh pasta.
Lighting the stove was an adventure, because I had to turn the gas on and then actually light the burner with a flame, but the one here was kindof empty so all it did was spark, but eventually it worked. We need to get either kitchen matches or a new lighter.
But yes. I cooked our apartment's first at-home Italian dinner.
The dishes have yet to be washed. They're in a pile in the sink. Oh well. Why do today what you can put off 'till tomorrow?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Kim, your entries bring me such joy in my tummy. *grin* I love reading them all... I wonder if you'll have lost weight by the time you go home 'cause of all the walking and the 96 stairs... *lol* although all the yummy food...maybe not ;-)
It sounds wonderful...
Post a Comment