Monday, February 11, 2008

Let's start at the very beginning.

A very good place to start.

Some of my classmates decided to spend part of their summer in Florence, Italy, taking two classes there through a US program. I planned to stay here in Florida and take two classes at night and work during the day.

Then I realized that this is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity. And I have a passport just collecting dust. Why not use it while I can?

And now I'm going to Italy. To spend about a month there.

I'll be taking general Comparative Law and Governmental Structure & Civil Rights Comparative Law. Three-day weekends are built into the program so I will get to see a lot of Italy!

Needless to say, I am quite excited. We haven't picked travel dates or set an itinerary yet, but we have to be in Florence by May 17, and finals are on June 13. We'll probably stay longer, either before or after classes. I will try to get a job for two months when I get back, before the Fall semester begins.

I will try to keep this blog updated! The semester is going to get pretty busy but I'll do my best.

I covet your prayers & support during this semester's schoolwork, Italy planning, and traveling.

3 comments:

Mimi said...

I'm so excited for you!! You will definitely be included in my prayers.. Can't wait to read the updates!!

naomi mayernik said...

dear kim,
wow i think you are very cool for going to italy. i really will miss you on IM. <3

Unknown said...

Your trip will be fabulous, but I will be sad to not be with you. The blog was a good idea. I enjoyed our France talk(s), too. Ciao!